Join The Kindness Empire's Experience on the Côte d'Azur, June 21-27, 2024.
- Day 1: June 21
- Bienvenue! Arrive at Nice airport or Cannes train station.
- As soon as you arrive at the airport, you will be greeted by The Kindness Empire and driven directly to the Château de La Napoule and Villa Marguerite where you can relax. Staying at these historic properties by the Sea is a rare opportunity. The Villa is not open to the public and only guests of La Napoule Art Foundation are invited to stay at this art center. Enjoy the beauty, light, and peace. Unwind after your journey. Stroll to the beach for a swim, if you like.
- Connect with your group over happy hour with champagne, wine, and cheese.
- Enjoy local fresh, local produce prepared for you by Sarah Noyes, who is currently training with a Cordon Bleu chef. This welcome dinner is hosted by The Kindness Empire and served on the terrace of the Château overlooking the Sea.
Day 2: June 22
- After your breakfast of fresh croissants, fruit, yogurt, and coffee, served on the castle terrace overlooking the Mediterranean, enjoy a private behind-the-scenes tour of the Château de La Napoule, its artist studios, and gardens noted by the French government for their beauty. End this tour in the small fishing village of La Napoule to learn about the place that will be your home for the week.
- Photography Workshop: Professional photographer, Sara Elise, will teach you how to capture the best images with your phone. Use your new skills while you're visiting some of the most beautiful places in France and when you return home.
- Creativity Workshop: CEO, Tonya Quinn will lead you in the first of a week-long creative exercises in creating a travel sketch book. Receive all your quality art materials for the week and learn how you will document your time in France and nurture your sense of self and creativity. At the end of the week, you will have created a meaningful book that will serve as a lasting reminder of your week on the Côte d'Azur.
- The Kindness Empire will drive you through small villages by the Sea to the famous Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild in one of the most stunning parts of France, Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat. Practice your new photography skills and bring your travel sketchbook so you can enjoy creating in this historic mansion and extensive gardens overlooking the Sea.
- Return to the Château for supper, created by Sarah Noyes and hosted by The Kindness Empire.
- Group sunset visit to swim in the Mediterranean Sea.
Day 3: June 23
- Begin your day on the château terrace overlooking the Sea with fresh fruit, croissants, and coffee.
- Join artist Louise Laffaille in her "In the footsteps of water" workshop. Louise will share her technique of painting with water from the Mediterranean Sea and acrylic paint.
- Join private glass of champagne and lunch on the terrace of the Château with artist Louise Laffaille.
- Visit the charming village of Vence where there is a vintage market, beautiful town square and contemporary art museum.
- Enjoy the restaurants of beautiful, coastal Antibes for supper.
- Return to the Château and Villa and end your day with a private yoga session in the gardens of the castle.
- Day 4: June 24
- Begin your day with croissants, fresh fruit, and coffee served on the Château terrace overlooking the Sea.
- The Kindness Empire staff will guide you to the world-famous Cannes for a shopping excursion in their outdoor vintage market.
- We will journey across the bay on a ferry to a nearby island inhabited by a silent order of monks. Bring your travel sketchbooks because Tonya will be leading a workshop in this historic and inspiring island.
- Enjoy lunch at a restaurant on the island or bring a picnic from the artisanal food market at Cannes.
- Return to the château for a French cocktail making workshop led by Sarah Noyes.
- End your day with supper in the gardens prepared for your by Sarah Noyes and hosted by The Kindness Empire.
- Day 5: June 25
- After you enjoy breakfast on the Château terrace, let The Kindness Empire drive you to the world-famous and newly-renovated Fondation Maeght. Bring your travel sketchbook because there will be art and scenery to inspire you to create.
- Lunch at the cafe at Fondation Maeght.
- Return for a wine and cheese pairing evening led by Tonya.
- Group "pot-luck" supper. Bring your favorite produce from the local markets and everyone will create and share a meal together.
- Group sunset visit to swim in the Mediterranean Sea.
Day 6: June 26
- After breakfast on the Château terrace, The Kindness Empire will drive you through the beautiful countryside to the stunning village of Grasse. Bring your travel sketchbooks because Grasse is known as the perfume capital of the world and Tonya will be leading you to create in your travel sketchbook.
- Explore the shops and restaurants of Grasse for your lunch in this charming village.
- In the afternoon, create your own perfume scent in workshop. Let the experts guide you in creating your own scent that you bring home with you to remind you of the extraordinary week you spent indulging all your senses in France.
- Return to the Château to relax or swim in the Sea.
- Sarah Noyes will prepare your leaving supper at the gardens of the Château overlooking the Sea and hosted by The Kindness Empire.
- Day 7: June 27 Departure (breakfast and transfers to the Nice airport of Cannes train station provided)
- Accommodation at the private Villa Marguerite or Château de La Napoule. Only friends of the La Napoule Art Foundation are invited to stay at this historic castle and villa overlooking the Mediterranean. Rooms are comfortably furnished with antiques. There is no elevator in this historic castle, its gardens, and art center. This is not a place that you can book to stay independently, online or via travel agents.
- Transfers, when you arrive and depart, to and from the Nice airport or Cannes train station.
- All breakfasts, plus suppers and beverages where noted on the itinerary as hosted by Sarah Noyes and The Kindness Empire.
- All creativity workshops from The Kindness Empire.
- All creativity workshop materials to enable you to create a travel sketchbook.
- Everything you create yourself, such as your Travel Sketchbook, custom perfume scent, and art created with water from the Sea from the Louise Laffaille workshop.
- All private instruction from local experts, artists, and The Kindness Empire.
- Transportation entrance fees to all off-site workshops and cultural institutions.
- All off-site guides and experiences.
- Ferry to nearby islands.
- Please note, itinerary subject to change
What's not included:
- International airfare to and from Nice, France
- Travel Insurance (while travel insurance is not required, it is highly recommended to purchase a plan.)
- Meals or drinks at restaurants or where not noted on the itinerary
- Personal shopping items
Experience Prices Vary According to Room/View:
Garden view room in the Villa Marguerite $4,250 on top floor and $5,250 on 2nd floor. Share a room and pay $3,750 per person on the top floor and $4,750 per person on the 2nd floor.
Sea view room in the Villa Marguerite $4,250 on top floor and $5,750 on 2nd floor. Share a room and pay $3,375 per person on the top floor and $5,250 per person on the 2nd floor.
Sea view room with Balcony in the Villa Marguerite $6,000 for one person. Share a room and pay $4,750 per person (1 available).
Sea view room in the Château $6,000 (1 available).
Mer Bleu private apartment with private terrace overlooking the Sea $6,500 for one person or $4,750/person for two people sharing. (1 sea-view apartment available).
After the $500 deposit is paid to hold your space, you will be charged two payments. Half of your Experience cost, minus the $500 reservation deposit you already paid, will be due on December 19, 2023. The final half of your Experience cost will be due on May 10, 2024. All payments are non-refundable. Travel insurance is highly recommended.